Thursday, May 5, 2011

I found a couple of good websites while I was researching my coal camp that I thought some of the rest of you might like to check out.

Eastern Regional Coal Archives at Craft Memorial Library 

Craft Memorial Library in Bluefield, WV houses the Eastern Regional Coal Archives.  The link I posted takes you to an index of all the material they have available.  There is a wealth  of information available. The down side is that the material isnt online. It can be viewed by appointment at the library. Click on the link that says Archives Accession List to view the complete list of their material.

Abandoned History and Photography

There are alot of photos showing the current conditions of some of the coal camps on our list on this site.  It is sad to see how they have fallen into disrepair and ruin.

1 comment: